Questions & Answers

Questions & Answers


How do I make a claim?

Just swipe your membership card at participating service providers and pay for any gap that may be applicable. Where the HICAPS / IBA service is used there is no need to submit a claim form to the fund.


Simply complete a claim form which can be found on our website and attach all accounts and/or receipts and forward to the fund by:

Fax: 1300 673 405
Mail: Locked Bag 33 Wollongong NSW 2500


How do I receive my benefit?

There are 3 convenient ways to receive your benefits. These are:

Electronic claiming
You can claim 'EFTPOS style' with your membership card at more than 20,000 dentists, physiotherapists, optical dispensers, chiropractors and osteopaths, Australia wide, that participate in either the HICAPS or IBA health service (subject to benefit eligibility). To locate a participating practitioner search online at our website or call us.

Just swipe your card, sign for the service to validate the claim and pay the difference between the charge and your benefit (if applicable). There is no need to lodge a claim form or pay for the whole account as the fund pays your benefit directly to the practitioner.

Direct Credit
If you submit a manual claim to us and register for 'Easy Claim', benefits will be paid directly to your nominated bank, building society or credit union account provided the account has been paid. The benefit will usually be deposited into your account as cleared funds the day after it is processed. The fund does not charge any additional fees for the use of this service.

If you submit a manual claim to us where the account has been paid and you have not taken advantage of the 'Easy Claim' service, a cheque will be posted for you to deposit into your account. You should allow for postage and bank clearance times to access these funds. Where the account has not been paid the cheque will be posted to you in favour of the service provider.


How do I make a payment?

Direct debit is the most efficient way for you to pay your contributions and ensures that your membership is always current and benefit entitlements are maintained. The fund does not charge any additional fees for the use of this service. All you need to do is complete and return the direct debit request authority included with the application form at the back of this brochure. This will ensure automatic deductions from your bank, building society, credit union, or credit card.


How do I transfer from another Australian registered health fund?

You will not have to re-serve applicable waiting periods if you transfer from another Australian registered health fund, provided that;

  • You had an equivalent or higher level of cover with that fund, and
  • Your cover was paid up to date at the time of transfer, and
  • Applicable waiting periods have been completed at that fund, and
  • We have received a clearance certificate from the previous fund advising of the above.

You need to be aware that some waiting periods or reductions in benefit entitlements or limits may apply in the first 12 months of membership. This can occur if you have used part or all of your annual limit with the previous fund or if your previous cover had lower limits or benefit exclusions. If you are unsure please call us on 1300 733 676.


How do I change my level of cover?

You may change or upgrade your cover at any time to one that might better suit your needs. This is very easy to do, simply complete the change of cover form on the website or call us on 1800 808 690.


How do I receive my latest tax statement? 

You will not receive a tax statement for your OSHC Extras Policy. Tax statements are only needed for Private Hospital cover. To receive a tax statement for your OSHC Hospital cover, contact 13 OSHC (13 6742).


I have some questions about my OSHC Cover. Can you help me?

For information on your OSHC policy, please contact Allianz Global Assistance direct.

Sales & General Enquiries: 13 14 84
Claims: 1800 884 526
24 hour Assistance: 1800 814 781