How does an excess work?
The higher the excess, the lower your premium. You only pay the excess if you go to hospital.
With Peoplecare hospital covers you pay:
- Half the excess for same-day admission in hospital (e.g. $375 if you have a $750 excess)
- Full excess for an overnight stay or longer (e.g. $750 if you have a $750 excess)
- No excess for kids under 21 on a family hospital cover if they go to hospital
The maximum excess per financial year no matter how many times you go to hospital:
- Single covers – the full excess amount (e.g. $750 if you have a $750 excess)
- Couple and family covers – double the excess amount (e.g. $1500 if you have a $750 excess)