Mental health freebies: build mental resilience
Know that your mental health could be stronger but you’re not ready to take the big step to face-to-face help? Want to see if you could benefit from some of the types of techniques that professionals use?
We’re here for you with a nice little taster of research-backed tools that could open the window to a whole new you.
- Your GP is a good first port of call for your mental health, You need a health professional for diagnosis and treatment of a mental health condition.
- A note about privacy. Not everyone will be comfortable recording on an app their deepest and darkest secrets. You may still get value out of a free mental health app without divulging too much private info. Any decision should suit your comfort level and if you’re pretty conservative, head to an Australian tool (see below) or book a face-to-face psychologist or psychiatrist consultation here in Australia for the safest privacy option.
Need more online tools?
Check out the full range available along with youth tools and more from Black Dog Institute.
What mental health support does Peoplecare offer?
Check out what we can do for you on your health cover. We show you which hospital covers and which extras covers can get you mental health support. Read it all on our mental health page.
If you or anyone you know needs help:
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
- MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
- SANE Australia on 1800 18 7263
- Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636
- ReachOut at au.reachout.com
- Headspace on 1800 650 890
- QLife on 1800 184 527
- Care Leavers Australasia Network (CLAN) on 1800 008 774