Update: Hospital Contract Termination - Adventist HealthCare
In December 2021, we notified members that Adventist HealthCare planned to terminate its hospital contract with us effective from 7th February 2022.
Regrettably, the contract terminated as Adventist HealthCare had planned. This is not the outcome we wanted. We’ll continue discussions with Adventist HealthCare to renew their contract with us in the near future and will advise members if a new contract is in place.
We ask members who want to use Adventist HealthCare hospitals for an upcoming elective surgery to call us on 1800 808 690 and we can discuss the options available.
Adventist HealthCare operates Sydney Adventist Hospital in Wahroonga and San Day Surgery in Hornsby. These hospitals provide a range of medical, surgical and rehabilitation services.
Members going to Adventist HealthCare hospitals are unaffected by the contract termination if:
- their treatment commenced prior to 7th February 2022
- they have pre-booked a procedure prior to 7th February 2022 with an admission date before 7th of August 2022 (or all maternity admissions booked before 7th February 2022)
- they are already undergoing a course of treatment that will be completed by 7th of August 2022
- they are admitted following an emergency admission up to and including the 6th May 2022
To confirm if you are eligible for these transitional arrangements, please call us on 1800 808 690.
|Affected hospital||Some alternate hospitals*|
|Sydney Adventist Hospital||
|San Day Surgery||
* There are more alternate contracted hospitals in the area than those listed above. Feel free to contact us for details or use our hospital search tool available at peoplecare.com.au/findahospital.
Peoplecare is committed to providing members with private hospital options that represent the highest quality and best value. To meet this commitment to you, Peoplecare has agreements with over 540 private hospitals across Australia.