Looking for a fab new job? We’re a pretty great place to work (and we’re not just tooting our own horn!). Get to know what it’s like being a Peoplecarer.
We’re all about getting people who love helping members and giving it their all. We’re proud to say that we’re an Aon Best Employer (which is probably why 94.9%* of our members are happy with us!).
Our Peoplecarers are happy, motivated and all-round great people – and to keep it that way, we’re always on the look-out for people who are into the same things we are (AKA our “5 true loves"):
- Being on your side
- Taking it personally
- Making it easy
- Finding healthy solutions
- 100% engagement
*Member Satisfaction Survey, Discover Research 2021
|Customer Service||The voices on the other end of the phone when you call us! Our Customer Service Consultants also take care of your claims, answer your emails and take good care of all customer transactions. There are three teams in Customer Service: Peoplecare Customer Service, Other Funds and Overseas Visitors Health Cover.|
|Peoplecare Eyes & Teeth||Our optical & dental team work at our optical & dental store at 63 Market Street in Wollongong. We’ve got dentists, optometrists, optical dispensers, dental assistants and receptionists.|
|Business Technology & Innovation||Better known as our IT gurus, the BT&I team keeps our systems running smoothly. We’ve got business systems analysts, project managers, support specialists, technical specialists, IT & risk specialists, quality analysts and business process improvement analysts.|
|Finance||The all-important number-crunchers. We’ve got accountants, business analysts, payroll officers, business intelligence analysts and admin support.|
|Governance, Risk & Compliance||The detail people. The Governance, Risk & Compliance team make sure everything we do is above-board and meets all the Government rules and regulations. We’ve got risk officers and claims auditing specialists.|
|Health & Hospital Services||Our hospital & medical claim gurus. We’ve got broader health cover coordinators, claims specialists and claims assessors, who look after your hospital & medical claims, coordinate our health programs and can help you navigate the health system.|
|Marketing & Communications||Our creative experts. We have digital specialists, communications specialists, marketing gurus and admin support.|
|People, Culture & Capability||For all things HR. We’ve got people & culture specialists, quality assurance specialists & trainers and admin support.|
We believe that happy Peoplecarers mean happy members, which is why we make sure we look after them. Just some of the Peoplecarer perks are:
Love being rewarded
We want to attract, motivate and keep the best talent at Peoplecare !
- Competitive salaries & package options
- Life Insurance & Salary Continuance Benefits
- 20% leave loading
- 25% off Glasses, Sunglasses and Contact Lenses at Peoplecare Eyes & Teeth
- Discounts via V.I.P
- Study leave and help with the cost of study
Love our community
We support our Peoplecarers who love to support the community.
- Working towards White Ribbon Workplace Accreditation
- Community leave – for volunteers’ service for the SES, Fire Brigade, etc
- Red Cross Blood Bank donations – during work time
- Community initiatives – donating to local charities & sponsoring participation in local
Love our family
We try to make things a little easier when it comes to juggling work and family commitments.
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks’ pay) and Return to Work Superannuation Bonus
- Flexible Work arrangements
- Special leave – up to 5 extra days for whatever reason you like!
- Purchased leave
- Access to Flight Centre Business Travel’s leisure
Love a great workplace
We’re super proud of our schmick modern office facilities.
- ICU (Intensive Caffeine Unit)
- Gym – state of the art equipment provided free for all Peoplecarers
- Green Committee & Peoplecare Garden
- Social Committee
Love getting better
We strive to be the best we can, and we’ll support you to be best you can too.
- Individual development plans
- Developing Leaders program
- Nationally recognised & accredited quals while you work
Love being healthy
We’re all for helping our Peoplecarers stay healthy.
- Flu vaccinations
- Employee Assistance Program – access to a confidential external counselling service for Peoplecarers who’d like to have a chat to someone
We support a bunch of charities and events every year, and our Peoplecarers are always keen to get involved. Some of the things we support:
- SAHSSI, a local crisis accommodation organisation
- Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea
- Harmony Day
- Cancer Council Relay for Life
- Pink Ribbon Day
- Daffodil Day
- Jeans for Genes Day
We also give our Peoplecarers community leave (for things like volunteering with the SES or fire brigade) and have a clothes bin in our office to get our pre-loved goodies to the people who need it most.