We’re all about getting people who love helping members and giving it their all. We’re proud to say that we aim to be an employer choice in the Illawarra region.
Our Peoplecarers are happy, motivated and all-round great people – and to keep it that way, we’re always on the look-out for people who are into the same things we are, our “5 true loves":
- Making it easy
- Taking it personally
- Being on your side
- 100% engagement
- Finding healthy solutions
|Service Delivery||The voices on the other end of the phone when you call us! Our Customer Service Consultants also take care of your claims, answer your emails and take good care of all customer transactions. There are three teams in Customer Service: Peoplecare Customer Service, Other Funds and Overseas Visitors Health Cover.|
|Peoplecare Eyes & Teeth||Our optical & dental team work at our optical & dental store at 63 Market Street in Wollongong. We’ve got dentists, optometrists, optical dispensers, dental assistants and receptionists.|
|Business Technology & Innovation||Better known as our IT experts, the BT&I team keeps our systems running smoothly. We’ve got business systems analysts, project managers, support specialists, technical specialists, IT & risk specialists, quality analysts and business process improvement analysts.|
|Finance||The all-important number-crunchers. We’ve got accountants, business analysts, payroll officers, business intelligence analysts and admin support.|
|Governance, Risk & Compliance||The detail people. The Governance, Risk & Compliance team make sure everything we do is above-board and meets all the Government rules and regulations. We’ve got risk officers and claims auditing specialists.|
|Operational Enablement||Our hospital & medical claim experts. We’ve got broader health cover coordinators, claims specialists and claims assessors, who look after your hospital & medical claims, coordinate our health programs and can help you navigate the health system.|
|Marketing & Communications||Our creative experts. We have digital specialists, communications specialists, marketing experts and admin support.|
|People & Business Enablement||For all things HR. We’ve got people & culture specialists, quality assurance specialists & trainers and admin support.|
Peoplecare is one of the most sought-after employers of choice in the region, with a really special workplace culture. To show our Peoplecarers just how much we love them we provide some great rewards & benefits.
Love being rewarded
We want to attract, motivate and keep the best talent at Peoplecare.
- Competitive salaries & package options
- Life Insurance & Salary Continuance Benefits*
- 20% leave loading**
- Special leave – up to 5 extra days for whatever reason you like!
- PHI Staff Benefit for Peoplecarers
- Staff discounts for optiocal purchases at Peopelcare Optical & Dental
- Discounted travel insurance with Allianz
- Access to discounts and Wellbeing Centre via V.I.P. (Reward Gateway)
- Novated leasing
Love our community
We support our Peoplecarers who love to support the community.
- Community leave – for volunteers’ service for the SES, Fire Brigade, etc
- Red Cross Blood Bank donations – during work time
- Community initiatives – donating to local charities & sponsoring participation in local events
Love our family
We try to make things a little easier when it comes to juggling work and family commitments.
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks’ pay) and Return to Work Superannuation Bonus^
- Flexible Work arrangements
- Purchased leave
- Access to Flight Centre Business Travel’s leisure options
Love a great workplace
We’re super proud of our modern office facilities.
- AON Best Employer
- Hybrid work opportunities
Love getting better
We strive to be the best we can, and we’ll support you to be the best you can too.
- Individual development plans
- Developing Leaders program
- Tertiary Assistance Scheme - study leave and help with the cost of study***
- Nationally recognised & accredited qualifications while you work
Love looking after ourselves
We’re all for helping our Peoplecarers stay healthy.
- Access to Fitness Passport
- Wellbeing Committee
- Trained Mental Health First Aid officers
- Flu vaccinations
- Employee Assistance Program – confidential external counselling
Reviewed each year by the CEO and Peoplecare Board.
* You must be a Peoplecarer working more than 15 hours per week to be eligible for this benefit (unfortunately, casual staff are not eligible)
** Leave loading is not applicable to Peoplecarers on a salary package
*** Tertiary Assistance Scheme available for approved Peoplecarers study work-related courses.
^ For eligible full/part time Peoplecarers employed with us for 12 months
We support a variety of charities and events every year, and our Peoplecarers are always keen to get involved. Some of the things we support:
- SAHSSI, a local crisis accommodation organisation
- Cancer Council Relay for Life
- Red Cross Lifeblood
- Breakfast Buddies Program
We also give our Peoplecarers community leave for things like volunteering with the SES or fire brigade.