A mind-blowing half of Australians suffer from at least one chronic disease and 1 in 5 Australians have two or more.* Are you one of them? If you are, or believe you are at risk of developing one, we’d like to introduce you to a health coach who can help you manage and improve your health!
Health coaching on selected Peoplecare Hospital covers
Health coaching is included (that’s free with no extra cost to participate!) on the following covers: Silver Hospital, Silver Plus Hospital, Gold Hospital and our closed covers Mid Hospital (Basic Plus) and Premium Hospital (Gold).
For a limited time (until 1 April 2021) Peoplecare members on Bronze Hospital and our closed Basic Hospital (Basic Plus) can join this program.
The waiting period to receive these programs is 2 months of continuous cover. Your premiums need to be up to date before you can claim these programs.
What’s a chronic condition?
Basically, it’s a long-term condition and includes things like:
Chronic conditions vary in severity, but they can have a big impact on your life, affecting your social and emotional well-being, and overall quality of life. But don’t worry – it’s not all bad news!
How can health coaching help?
Health coaching looks at your individual risk factors for a disease and gives you the power to stay healthy. How? Through a telephone-based program with loads of useful health info, caring support and helpful advice to give you the reins to manage your health risk, any chronic conditions and boost your health and well-being.
How does it work?
Once you’re signed up, you’ll get paired up with a qualified health coach, like a registered nurse, dietitian or allied health professional for your one-on-one health coaching.
Over the course of the 6-month program, you will be supported to:
- understand your health condition(s)
- make better healthcare choices
- talk to your doctors and healthcare team
- navigate the health system effectively
- improve your lifestyle choices to achieve your personal health goals
- get further support when you need it
Health coaching doesn’t replace your GP or treating specialist – it’s more like a good mate (who knows lots about health!) to help out in-between visits to your doctor. Win–win!
Health coaching can help you by:
- providing health info and support via access to a qualified health professional, at a time that suits you
- helping you understand how to manage positive changes to your health & well-being
- increasing your motivation to make healthy lifestyle changes through tips, information & positive support
- making it easy! You can take the call where and when it suits you – no out of the way appointments or hassle
Do you think you would benefit? If you feel you’re at risk or not coping with your health, you can join the program by popping in your details to our Ask our experts form or giving us a buzz and we’ll let you know if you’re covered and help you join.