Just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you can’t tick some important things off your to-do list. We show you how to get the most out of your extras from home.
How to use your Peoplecare ambulance cover
What is ambulance cover?
All Peoplecare Combo, Hospital or Extras covers include 100% ambulance cover to ease your mind and help avoid pretty hefty bills.
You can also take out ambulance cover on its own.
Queensland and Tasmanian residents don’t need to worry about ambulance travel in their states, because it’s free. Queensland residents are also covered by their state when travelling around Australia.
Do I really need ambulance cover?
Ambulance transport is generally very expensive. In NSW for instance, the minimum ambulance charge for an emergency call-out is $392 before you even hit the road, where a per kilometre charge of $3.54 kicks in. The maximum charge for a road ambulance? $6,424. Ouch.
Remember, there are also air and sea ambulances, which cost even more – up to tens of thousands of dollars.
Following your 1-day waiting period, your benefits are below.
|What's covered 100% nationwide||What's not covered|
Are there annual limits on Peoplecare ambulance cover?
There are no annual limits on your Peoplecare ambulance cover.
How to claim an ambulance bill
We’ll sort it out for you and pay 100% of all eligible ambulance claims.
Important: Private Health Funds don’t cover additional debt recovery costs if you don’t claim before the ambulance bill’s due date. You’ll have to pay those fees yourself.
That’s why it’s important to send us your ambulance bills as soon as you receive them.
Ambulance cover top five questions
We're proud of our ambulance cover (included on all of our hospital, extras or combo covers).
So when the Commonwealth Ombudsman recently advised consumers to ask themselves five questions about ambulance cover, we thought we'd answer them for you.
1. Will the policy cover me when I'm travelling interstate?
2. Does the policy cover emergency situations only, or will it cover non-emergency as well? How does the fund define an emergency?
Peoplecare covers emergency ambulance costs and any non-emergency ambulance travel that is deemed 'medically necessary'.
3. What types of ambulance transport will this cover-for example, will it cover air ambulance? Will it cover transport provided by state-approved private providers or other private providers?
We cover land, air and sea ambulance transport from public and state-approved private providers.
4. Will the policy cover me for the ambulance 'call-out' fee if I need ambulance treatment but don't require transportation?
5. Will I need to make any co-payments towards the ambulance fee?
No, members won't need to make any payment towards covered ambulance trips.
Which state ambulance services can I use?